Friday, March 17, 2017

The atom bombs were the best choice in WW2


"Fat Man" was the codename for the atomic bomb that was detonated over the Japanese city of Nagasaki by the United States on 9 August 1945. I'm rather conflicted about this picture I took of my son Cameron when he was four atop this bombshell, it was the same model as "Fat Man". STRAW POLL: Your reaction?
,
 
Ron Alexander:
 Interviewing WW2 VETS and researching history, I have learned that Japan had several hundred THOUSAND kamikazes and a very heavily fortified shoreline ready for an invasion by our forces. The would be suicidal terrorists including women, elderly and children instructed to take ten US soldiers with them. My Father and one vet. I interviewed were awaiting in a ship off Okinawa, after the bloodbath there and Iwo Jima to be part of that invasion! I know it is politically incorrect, however I think, the atom bombs were the best choice considering the circumstance. Also, remember that as Nazis fanatics did it for Hitler, kamikazis in Japan were sacrificing their lives as part of their worship for Hirohito!

No comments:

Post a Comment